I was a little underwhelmed when I received my Sketchbook. It’s Small and as H. A. stated in a comment “The paper is very thin”. But I guess the saying, “it’s not how big it is, it’s how you use it” will be true with this project. I read the rules on the book itself they allow you to do anything you like to it, as long as you keep the same dimensions. Here are the rules for the Sketchbook and what you can do to it.
Rules on the Book
Everybody likes to skip this part, but we recommend you don’t! We even made it short and easy to read.
- If you didn’t complete last year’s sketchbook, you can’t use it for this year’s Project. You have to sign up again.
- Your book must remain within the dimensions of 5.5 x 8.5 inches. It can open up to something wonderful (of any size), but it must fold down to the original dimensions. You are welcome to unbind, rebind or alter the book in (almost) any other way. If you want to use a thicker stock of paper, go for it!
- Your barcode must remain in place on the book – no moving or covering it. An altered or unreadable label means we have to disqualify you from the tour.
- You are free to alter, design, and work on the cover of the sketchbook! In fact, it is encouraged not to leave the covers blank.
- The theme is a great starting point, but in no way is meant to be a restriction. If you feel restricted, loosen up and just have fun. We will not judge or disqualify you by your use of the theme. Be creative!
- Your book must be postmarked by January 15, 2011. No exceptions.
- We do not offer refunds for people who do not finish their book, period.
- All sales are final! Please read the rules if you are unsure about signing up. Please realize that we are not some big time corporation and we get no outside funding. There are two of us putting on this entire project and all submission fees go back into it.
- If you do not receive your sketchbook due to a shipping issue, you have until November 15, 2010, to notify us. After that date, we are unable to issue refunds or resend the sketchbook.
- We reserve the right to switch sketchbook books, brands or sizes at any time without notice.”